That’s the link to the previous post. * Just $499.00 for the base unit. Antenna and Coax Cable adds about $300 for typical marine installations. That’s using top quality LMR400 low-loss coaxial cable with N-Connector terminations, and Digital Antenna Marine Omni Directional WiFi Antenna and Stainless Steel Antenna Mount. 400 mW tx power – for around 2000 mW (2 Watts) effective power with antenna gain around 9 dBi.
We found out what works … reliably … and affordably … for Marine WiFi Hotspot Sharing and we built our system based upon it. Using industry standards for compatibility for Onboard Networks and for Ease of Installation with other existing Marine Internet Systems … we created “Lightspeed” for Yachts of all sizes.
* Noone can promise you how far a WiFi Hotspot Sharing System will work, but you can put the best system on your marine vessel and that way you know that *your half* of the equation (it takes 2 wifi systems to tango, yours on the boat, and the other one at the marina that you are trying to connect to) is *good*. If you still can’t connect, then chances are that something is wrong on the marinas half. It might be that their signal isn’t that strong (doesn’t project very far) or is “directional” – mean that they are using “sector” antennas to only cover a certain compass degree area. Let’s say they cover 120 degrees … if you are out of that sector … and too far away … you will probably not connect. But with our system – we’ll bet – that you’ll connect many more times than not.
* Savings can be had – Least Cost Scenarios – where you choose which Internet Connection System will provide the lowest cost and the fastest speed for a given geographic location. Vessels that travel only the U.S. Coasts might consider Cellular 3G as well: http://www.marinetelecom.net/Ericsson_W35 – or This WiFi System if you know you will always be in range of WiFi – or Both to have the best of both worlds. 3G Cellular is good in most places in the U.S., but WiFi is often faster … and doesn’t eat up your megabytes (and thusly your gigabytes) allowance on Cellular Internet. Vessels that travel the islands off the U.S. Coasts should be aware that 3G Cellular is very expensive … unless you have an add-on plan from your cellular provider to cover it. WiFi can be used, whenever available, to give fast speeds and inexpensive (often FREE) Internet to the whole boat… Cellular 3G, outside of the U.S., can supplement that when WiFi just isn’t available. Just make sure you ask about International Internet Roaming Coverage Plans.
We also realize that many vessels have VSAT (Mini-VSAT, Tracphone V7, Inmarsat Fleet Broadband) … usually the cost of operating these systems continuously is very expensive. If you tag-team our WiFi Hotspot Sharing System, and 3G Cellular Internet, with your Satellite System then you can “take back control” of your Internet Expense Dollars.
* Call Today about Systems for Sale … Install yourself, or ask about Installation here in South Florida.
* * * * As always – Marine Store and Marine Dealer / Installer inquires are wanted!
* For marine vessels we can quote individual systems, or the complete setup. So call and get started today – and enjoy a less expensive Marine Internet “Experience” tommorow.
* It doesn’t take that long! You’ve got the time! … and the Weather is Great! This is a great time of year to upgrade or overhaul your Marine Voice and Internet Communications Systems! You can be done in DAYS, not WEEKS!
* Ericsson W35 does Cellular Voice for PBX Systems or standard RJ-11 2-wire Telephone Systems (parallel wired twisted pair) – and Voice over IP (Voice over Internet Protocol) Telephone can be used with the WiFi Hotspot Sharing System to also *add* Voice Telephone Savings to your benefit!
* * * * I should also remind everyone that we do Computer Services as well for marine vessels. Navigation Computers, Office Computers, Laptops … Replacements and Upgrades. We do Onboard Networks … replace those “Not Working So Well” wireless gizmos in your onboard network with *the good stuff* and make all of your wireless laptops, smarty phones, and other portable things very happy!
= = Referrals are always appreciated So please recommend us if you’ve worked with us before, or suggest us if you have not. Everyone knows one other yachter or boater … private boat, charter boat, or fishing boat. You may not need anything that I’ve been writing about in this post … but your friend or associate just might! Thanks in Advance!
= = You don’t have to be in Florida … although that would let us do a full-service and install for you, we can also provide remote consulting services for yourself or your marine electronics installer. Make sure to ask about that!
DBA Alan Spicer Telcom / Alan Spicer Marine Telecom
Computer Services, Wired/Wireless Networking,
Cell/Sat/Landline Communications, General Consulting
Marine, Business, Small Office and Home Office (SOHO)
* Cost Savings and Integration of Multiple Internet Technologies
on board Sail and Motor Yachts * Documentation, Operating
Instructions, and Support after the Sale *
Mobile Internet! Step up to the HSPA 3G Fast Internet!
Ericsson W35 released in the USA. This youve gotta SEE!!
Better looking presentation than W25 (you might not want to
hide this one in the Doghouse!) + High Speed Upload which
the W25 did not have.
Livewire: Access Controller (Service Selector):
Click on my card thumbnail to download my Business Card Image.
Keep it for yourself, pass it on to others! Thanks!
2009 / 2010 Flyer
Please Take One!
Please Give One! To Someone Else !
P.S. No animals were hurt … and certainly no OIL was SPILLED in the making of this commercial advertisement.
… but Order Now! Before (in case?) the Oil gets here!